Call Us | Mon – Fri 08:00 – 19:00 | ++389 (0)2 3109 518 | email: [email protected]

Call Us | Mon – Fri 08:00 – 19:00 | ++389 (0)2 3109 518 | email: [email protected]

Call Us | Mon – Fri 08:00 – 19:00 | ++389 (0)2 3109 518 | email: [email protected]

All Trips

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

DAYSDESTINATIONDURATIONCOST
Day 1Skopje3 daysby agreement
Day 2Ohrid  
Day 3Bitola 
(DAY 1) SKOPJE

Sightseeing of Skopje: Old and new part of the town, Old Stone bridge, the church of Holy Salvation with marvelous wood-carved iconostasis, Mustfa Pasha mosque, Skopje Fortress Kale , Mother’s Teresa house…

The church of Holy Salvation was built in the beginning of the 17th or 18th century, on the foundation of some older church. On the south side, the discovered a fresco- painting of the old church which originates from 16th century. In contrast to the exterior of the church, immediately after entering the church, the iconostases present you with a breath-takingly beautiful sight. The master piece of the famous Mijaks craftsmen Petre Filipovski and Makarie Frckovski represents a great achievement in carving, not only within the borders of Macedonia. The screen consists of many scenes from the Bible, geometrical ornaments and details of flora and fauna.

(DAY 2) OHRID

Sightseeing of the old part of the town known by typical architecture, Samuil fortress, the church of Sv. Sofija, the church of Sv. Jovan Kaneo, Plaosnik, Biljana’s springs… Visit of monastery Sv. Naum and the church Sv. Naum…

The church of St. Sofia is one of the largest medieval churches on this territory. For a long time it was the cathedral church (“Great Church”) of the Ohrid Archiepiscopate whose ecclesiastical authority covered the territories up to the river Danube to the north, the Albanian coast to the west, and the Bay of Thessalonica to the east. The church was probably used as a cathedral way back in the past, in the period of the Czar Samuel who, in the late X century, moved his throne from Prespa to Ohrid. The date of the construction of that church is uncertain because there are no inscriptions that help reveal it. It is also mentioned that today’s church was either built or restored during the period of the Archbishop Leo who was on the throne of the Church in the period between 1035-1056.

Located on the southwestern side of the hill surmounting Lake Ohrid is the church dedicated to Sv. Jovan Kaneo (St. John the Theologian – Kaneo). It is not certain when it was built and fresco painted. However, a document about the church property suggests that it was built before 1447. The architecture of the church is important when studying the medieval monuments of culture.

The monastery of St. Naum is located on the southeast side of Lake Ohrid, in the immediate vicinity of the Macedonian-Albanian border. Its building is linked to the name of St. Naum, the closest associate of St. Clement of Ohrid. Records about the life and work of St. Naum can be found in three literature works dedicated to his life. Towards the end of his life St. Naum of Ohrid built the monastery St. Archangel where he was buried in 910. The church of Naum was similar to the monastery of Clement, St. Pantheleimon, and was built in a trefoil shape.

(DAY 3) PRESPA LAKE AND BITOLA

Drive along the summer resort of Oteshevo and Mt. Galichica (one of the three National Parks in Macedonia) from where there is a magnificient view of both lakes (Ohrid Lake and Prespa Lake).Visiting the church of St. Gjorgji in Kurbinovo. The sightseeing of Bitola and the Pre-christian city of Heraklea. Walking in National Park of Pelister.

The Capital of the North Macedonian Region of Lynkestidos, situated in the immediate vicinity of present-day Bitola . Heraclea was one of the most important towns in Ancient Macedonia. Its foundation (mid 4-th century B.C.) is related to Philip II. The urban image of Heraclea and its development is in the Hellenic, Roman and Early Christian periods. The influence of Rome , Syria and Alexandria are also felt. In addition to the numerous and varied remains which have been discovered so far, today Heraclea is also renowned for its floor mosaics. These mosaics date back from the 4-th century. The motifs on the mosaics are different, vine peacocks, fountain with gushing water, stags, hinds and birds drinking fro the spring of life. They all convey the Christian message of inviting the faithful to follow the teachings of Christ, represented symbolically by hunting scenes or representations of the Christian paradise.

View full map HERE

DAYSDESTINATIONDURATIONCOST
Day 1Skopje5 daysby agreement
Day 2Mavrovo  
Day 4Bitola  
Day 5Krusevo  
(DAY 1) SKOPJE

The church of Holy Salvation was built in the beginning of the 17th or 18th century, on the foundation of some older church. On the south side, the discovered a fresco- painting of the old church which originates from 16th century. In contrast to the exterior of the church, immediately after entering the church, the iconostases present you with a breath-takingly beautiful sight. The master piece of the famous Mijaks craftsmen Petre Filipovski and Makarie Frckovski represents a great achievement in carving, not only within the borders of Macedonia. The screen consists of many scenes from the Bible, geometrical ornaments and details of flora and fauna.

(DAY 2) MAVROVO, GALICNIK AND SV. JOVAN BIGORSKI

Visit of the National Park of Mavrovo – famous ski center and Mavrovo lake, Galicnik – typical Macedonian village with tradition. Drive near Radika river. Visit the church and monastery of St. John Bigorski.

It is the greatest cultural monument in the region. The monastery was built in 1020 A.D. The wood-carved walnut tree iconostasis was made in the period from 1830 to 1840 and it is of a unique value in Europe made by the same craftsmen who made iconostasis in the church of Holy Salvation in Skopje – Petre Filipovski and Makarie Frckovski. Contrary to the church canons, the master of wood-carving carved their own faces in the iconostasis. The beauty of the Monastery complex is in the old buildings with a dining room, all built in the 18-th century.

(DAY 3) OHRID

Sightseeing of the old part of the town known by typical architecture, Samuil fortress, the church of Sv. Sofija, the church of Sv. Jovan Kaneo, Plaosnik, Biljana’s springs… Visit of monastery Sv. Naum and the church Sv. Zaum.

The church of St. Sofia is one of the largest medieval churches on this territory. For a long time it was the cathedral church (“Great Church”) of the Ohrid Archiepiscopate whose ecclesiastical authority covered the territories up to the river Danube to the north, the Albanian coast to the west, and the Bay of Thessalonica to the east. The church was probably used as a cathedral way back in the past, in the period of the Czar Samuel who, in the late X century, moved his throne from Prespa to Ohrid. The date of the construction of that church is uncertain because there are no inscriptions that help reveal it. It is also mentioned that today’s church was either built or restored during the period of the Archbishop Leo who was on the throne of the Church in the period between 1035-1056.

Located on the southwestern side of the hill surmounting Lake Ohrid is the church dedicated to Sv. Jovan Kaneo (St. John the Theologian – Kaneo). It is not certain when it was built and fresco painted. However, a document about the church property suggests that it was built before 1447. The architecture of the church is important when studying the medieval monuments of culture.

The monastery of St. Naum is located on the southeast side of Lake Ohrid, in the immediate vicinity of the Macedonian-Albanian border. Its building is linked to the name of St. Naum, the closest associate of St. Clement of Ohrid. Records about the life and work of St. Naum can be found in three literature works dedicated to his life. Towards the end of his life St. Naum of Ohrid built the monastery St. Archangel where he was buried in 910. The church of Naum was similar to the monastery of Clement, St. Pantheleimon, and was built in a trefoil shape.

(DAY 4) PRESPA LAKE AND BITOLA

Drive along the summer resort of Oteshevo and Mt. Galichica (one of the three National Parks in Macedonia) from where there is a magnificient view of both lakes (Ohrid Lake and Prespa Lake).Visiting the church of St. Gjorgji in Kurbinovo. The sightseeing of Bitola and the Pre-christian city of Heraklea. Walking in National Park of Pelister.

The Capital of the North Macedonian Region of Lynkestidos, situated in the immediate vicinity of present-day Bitola . Heraclea was one of the most important towns in Ancient Macedonia. Its foundation (mid 4-th century B.C.) is related to Philip II. The urban image of Heraclea and its development is in the Hellenic, Roman and Early Christian periods. The influence of Rome , Syria and Alexandria are also felt. In addition to the numerous and varied remains which have been discovered so far, today Heraclea is also renowned for its floor mosaics. These mosaics date back from the 4-th century. The motifs on the mosaics are different, vine peacocks, fountain with gushing water, stags, hinds and birds drinking fro the spring of life. They all convey the Christian message of inviting the faithful to follow the teachings of Christ, represented symbolically by hunting scenes or representations of the Christian paradise.

(DAY 5) KRUSEVO, TRESKAVEC AND PRILEP

Sightseeing of Krusevo – City – museum, a place for an outin, air-spa, ski-center… It is famous of its archaic architecture. The “Krusevo House” is chapter in an architecture studies book. Visit of Monastery “Treskavec” on the road to Prilep. Sightseeing of Prilep.

About ten kilometers from Prilep, in the arms of the massive rocks of Zlatovrv, there is the church Mother of God’s Ascending, which with the dormitory shelters and the dining room of the Treskavec Monastery, provide God’s energy and spiritual tranquility to this wonderful picturesque area. The highland offers a clear view of all Pelagonija Plane, the mountains Pelister, Babuna and Kajmakcalan. Treskavec Monastery is believed to have been built in the 13th Century, during the rule of the Byzantine emperors Andronic 2nd and Mihailo 3rd who, according to the writings on the frescoes at the entrance gate, were the first donors to this monastery. Its complex and diversified architecture points to the fact that the monastery was subjected to tearing down. Most probably, the monastery was renovated in the 14th Century, during the time of the Serb king Milutin. The church has one arc in its basis with a naos of a high dome and separated with pilastres on a few sides. On the outside, the altar apse is three sided on the east. Under the deep level of plaster walls of the northern paraclis, there are frescoes dating form the 14th Century. The the porch is also from this century with its two dome towers, placed on the west part of the church. Treskavec Monastery has other valuable artifacts. Most remarkable among them are the ones made in shallow wood carving: the two wing doors and the Emperor’s Gate from the 16th Century, then the Kosmitos Cross from the 17th Century. It is worth mentioning the choir seats, the numerous holiday icons and the icons of the Apostles from the 17th and 18th century.

View full map HERE

DAYSDESTINATIONDURATIONCOST
Day 1Skopje7 daysby agreement
Day 2Mavrovo  
Day 3Ohrid  
Day 4Struga  
Day 5Bitola  
Day 6Krusevo  
Day 7South-East Macedonia  
(DAY 1) SKOPJE

 

Sightseeing of Skopje: Old and new part of the town, Old Stone bridge, the church of Holy Salvation with marvelous wood-carved iconostasis, Mustfa Pasha mosque, Skopje Fortress Kale , Mother’s Teresa house.

The church of Holy Salvation was built in the beginning of the 17th or 18th century, on the foundation of some older church. On the south side, the discovered a fresco- painting of the old church which originates from 16th century. In contrast to the exterior of the church, immediately after entering the church, the iconostases present you with a breath-takingly beautiful sight. The master piece of the famous Mijaks craftsmen Petre Filipovski and Makarie Frckovski represents a great achievement in carving, not only within the borders of Macedonia. The screen consists of many scenes from the Bible, geometrical ornaments and details of flora and fauna.

(DAY 2) MAVROVO, GALICNIK AND SV. JOVAN BIGORSKI

 

Visit of the National Park of Mavrovo – famous ski center and Mavrovo lake, Galicnik – typical Macedonian village with tradition. Drive near Radika river. Visit the church and monastery of St. John Bigorski.

It is the greatest cultural monument in the region. The monastery was built in 1020 A.D. The wood-carved walnut tree iconostasis was made in the period from 1830 to 1840 and it is of a unique value in Europe made by the same craftsmen who made iconostasis in the church of Holy Salvation in Skopje – Petre Filipovski and Makarie Frckovski. Contrary to the church canons, the master of wood-carving carved their own faces in the iconostasis. The beauty of the Monastery complex is in the old buildings with a dining room, all built in the 18-th century.

(DAY 3) OHRID

Sightseeing of the old part of the town known by typical architecture, Samuil fortress, the church of Sv. Sofija, the church of Sv. Jovan Kaneo, Plaosnik, Biljana’s springs… Visit of monastery Sv. Naum and the church Sv. Zaum.

The church of St. Sofia is one of the largest medieval churches on this territory. For a long time it was the cathedral church (“Great Church”) of the Ohrid Archiepiscopate whose ecclesiastical authority covered the territories up to the river Danube to the north, the Albanian coast to the west, and the Bay of Thessalonica to the east. The church was probably used as a cathedral way back in the past, in the period of the Czar Samuel who, in the late X century, moved his throne from Prespa to Ohrid. The date of the construction of that church is uncertain because there are no inscriptions that help reveal it. It is also mentioned that today’s church was either built or restored during the period of the Archbishop Leo who was on the throne of the Church in the period between 1035-1056.

Located on the southwestern side of the hill surmounting Lake Ohrid is the church dedicated to Sv. Jovan Kaneo (St. John the Theologian – Kaneo). It is not certain when it was built and fresco painted. However, a document about the church property suggests that it was built before 1447. The architecture of the church is important when studying the medieval monuments of culture.

The monastery of St. Naum is located on the southeast side of Lake Ohrid, in the immediate vicinity of the Macedonian-Albanian border. Its building is linked to the name of St. Naum, the closest associate of St. Clement of Ohrid. Records about the life and work of St. Naum can be found in three literature works dedicated to his life. Towards the end of his life St. Naum of Ohrid built the monastery St. Archangel where he was buried in 910. The church of Naum was similar to the monastery of Clement, St. Pantheleimon, and was built in a trefoil shape.

(DAY 4) STRUGA

Sightseeing of Struga – town of poetry and Brothers Miladinovci birth place. Visit of the Church Sv. Bogorodica in Kalista. Drive to Ohrid and visit of church Sv. Erazmo near the road.

Sv. Bogorodica – Kalista is little church on the west coast of Ohrid lake with fresco-painting form 15th -16th century.
The cave church of Sv. Erazmo – There are numerous cave churches in the vicinity of Ohrid. Research has shown that a cave located about 2 km from Ohrid (on the right side of the Struga – Ohrid motorway) was the first to be converted into a monk cell or a church. In the course of its long history this cave church was reconstructed many times, but the frescoes painted on the rock have been preserved to the present day. On the basis of the portraits it is estimated that they originate from the first decades of the XIII century. The name of the fresco painter who decorated the church is unknown. The assumption is that the church and the dormitories were used either by monks or by a small monastic fraternity. The church itself is dedicated to St. Erasmo whose name is linked to the christianization of the local population in the III century.

(DAY 5) PRESPA LAKE AND BITOLA

Drive along the summer resort of Oteshevo and Mt. Galichica (one of the three National Parks in Macedonia) from where there is a magnificient view of both lakes (Ohrid Lake and Prespa Lake).Visiting the church of St. Gjorgji in Kurbinovo. The sightseeing of Bitola and the Pre-christian city of Heraklea. Walking in National Park of Pelister.

The Capital of the North Macedonian Region of Lynkestidos, situated in the immediate vicinity of present-day Bitola . Heraclea was one of the most important towns in Ancient Macedonia. Its foundation (mid 4-th century B.C.) is related to Philip II. The urban image of Heraclea and its development is in the Hellenic, Roman and Early Christian periods. The influence of Rome , Syria and Alexandria are also felt. In addition to the numerous and varied remains which have been discovered so far, today Heraclea is also renowned for its floor mosaics. These mosaics date back from the 4-th century. The motifs on the mosaics are different, vine peacocks, fountain with gushing water, stags, hinds and birds drinking fro the spring of life. They all convey the Christian message of inviting the faithful to follow the teachings of Christ, represented symbolically by hunting scenes or representations of the Christian paradise.

(DAY 6) KRUSEVO, TRESKAVEC AND PRILEP

Sightseeing of Krusevo – City – museum, a place for an outin, air-spa, ski-center… It is famous of its archaic architecture. The “Krusevo House” is chapter in an architecture studies book. Visit of Monastery “Treskavec” on the road to Prilep. Sightseeing of Prilep.

About ten kilometers from Prilep, in the arms of the massive rocks of Zlatovrv, there is the church Mother of God’s Ascending, which with the dormitory shelters and the dining room of the Treskavec Monastery, provide God’s energy and spiritual tranquility to this wonderful picturesque area. The highland offers a clear view of all Pelagonija Plane, the mountains Pelister, Babuna and Kajmakcalan. Treskavec Monastery is believed to have been built in the 13th Century, during the rule of the Byzantine emperors Andronic 2nd and Mihailo 3rd who, according to the writings on the frescoes at the entrance gate, were the first donors to this monastery. Its complex and diversified architecture points to the fact that the monastery was subjected to tearing down. Most probably, the monastery was renovated in the 14th Century, during the time of the Serb king Milutin. The church has one arc in its basis with a naos of a high dome and separated with pilastres on a few sides. On the outside, the altar apse is three sided on the east. Under the deep level of plaster walls of the northern paraclis, there are frescoes dating form the 14th Century. The the porch is also from this century with its two dome towers, placed on the west part of the church. Treskavec Monastery has other valuable artifacts. Most remarkable among them are the ones made in shallow wood carving: the two wing doors and the Emperor’s Gate from the 16th Century, then the Kosmitos Cross from the 17th Century. It is worth mentioning the choir seats, the numerous holiday icons and the icons of the Apostles from the 17th and 18th century.

(DAY 7) KAVADARCI, NEGOTINO, DOJRAN LAKE, STRUMICA, SMOLARI FALLS, MONASTIRES VELJUSA AND VODOCA

Sightseeing of Kavadarci and Negotino (vineyards), Dojran Lake, Smolari Falls, Monastiry Sv. Leontij (Vodoca) from 1018 y. and Monastery in Veljusa.

Veljusa – Monastery of the Most Holy Theotokos Eleusa
About the church construction and its founder, Bishop Manuel, as well as about the order of the spiritual life and generally about the daily catholic life of the first monks, we find original historical data also in the Rule (Typikon) written personally by him between 1085 and 1106. This is one of the oldest known typikons in the history of Orthodox monasticism, which is a witness to the thousand years old monastic tradition in Macedonia. It was built in 1080, and from then also date the narthex and the southern chapel, with the latter functioning as a deacon icon. In the rather damaged fresco painting, frescoes of two periods of origin can be distinguished.

View full map HERE

DAYSDESTINATIONDURATIONCOST
Day 1Skopje10 daysby agreement
Day 2Matka  
Day 3Tetovo  
Day 4Mavrovo  
Day 5Struga  
Day 6Ohrid  
Day 7Bitola  
Day 8Krusevo  
Day 9Dojran Lake  
Day 10Berovo  
(DAY 1) SKOPJE

 

Sightseeing of Skopje: Old and new part of the town, Old Stone bridge, the church of Holy Salvation with marvelous wood-carved iconostasis, Mustfa Pasha mosque, Skopje Fortress Kale , Mother’s Teresa house.

The church of Holy Salvation was built in the beginning of the 17th or 18th century, on the foundation of some older church. On the south side, the discovered a fresco- painting of the old church which originates from 16th century. In contrast to the exterior of the church, immediately after entering the church, the iconostases present you with a breath-takingly beautiful sight. The master piece of the famous Mijaks craftsmen Petre Filipovski and Makarie Frckovski represents a great achievement in carving, not only within the borders of Macedonia. The screen consists of many scenes from the Bible, geometrical ornaments and details of flora and fauna.

(DAY 2) MATKA AND MONASTIRES AROUND SKOPJE

 

Drive along Treska Recreation Center Treska River Canyon to the Monastery and church of Virgin Mary. Walking to Matka Lake and to the church St. Andrew (14th century), also church Sv. Nikola Sisevski. Visit of monastery and church St. PanteleimoN at the foot of Vodno Mountain.

On the southern slopes of the Vodno mountain, in a chestnut wood 8km from Skopje in the village of Gorno (upper) Nerezi can be found, where is situated on the most important and oldest monuments from the medieval period in Macedonia, the monastery Nerezi, dedicated to St. Pantelejmon. The area of the monastery garden is surrounded by walls and the dorminatories are of a later period. The church was erected by Alexis Comnenus in 1164, during the Byzantine rule of Macedonia which came under the Comnenus dynasty. The frescoes date from the time of the construction of the church but there are others from the 15th, 16th, and 19th centuries.

(DAY 3) TETOVO AND KICEVO

Sightseeing of Tetovo and famous “SARENA DZAMIJA” (Painted Mosque). Sightseeing of Monastery Sv. Bogorodica in Kicevo.

Painted mosque in Tetovo , the unique mosque in the Islamic art built in 1675 by Husania Hanuma, daughter of some Pasha in this period.

Monastery Sv. Bogorodica in Kicevo. The Ohrid archbishopy was dismissed in the XVIIIth century but in the XIXth century there were church schools that were active. They were called “the monastery of Bigorski” and “The Madonna” in Kicevo and they sustained contact with Mount Athos.

(DAY 4) MAVROVO, GALICNIK AND SV. JOVAN BIGORSKI

Visit of the National Park of Mavrovo – famous ski center and Mavrovo lake, Galicnik – typical Macedonian village with tradition. Drive near Radika river. Visit the church and monastery of St. John Bigorski.

It is the greatest cultural monument in the region. The monastery was built in 1020 A.D. The wood-carved walnut tree iconostasis was made in the period from 1830 to 1840 and it is of a unique value in Europe made by the same craftsmen who made iconostasis in the church of Holy Salvation in Skopje – Petre Filipovski and Makarie Frckovski. Contrary to the church canons, the master of wood-carving carved their own faces in the iconostasis. The beauty of the Monastery complex is in the old buildings with a dining room, all built in the 18-th century.

(DAY 5) STRUGA

 

Sightseeing of Struga – town of poetry and Brothers Miladinovci birth place. Visit of the Church Sv. Bogorodica in Kalista. Drive to Ohrid and visit of church Sv. Erazmo near the road.

Sv. Bogorodica – Kalista is little church on the west coast of Ohrid lake with fresco-painting form 15th -16th century.
The cave church of Sv. Erazmo – There are numerous cave churches in the vicinity of Ohrid. Research has shown that a cave located about 2 km from Ohrid (on the right side of the Struga – Ohrid motorway) was the first to be converted into a monk cell or a church. In the course of its long history this cave church was reconstructed many times, but the frescoes painted on the rock have been preserved to the present day. On the basis of the portraits it is estimated that they originate from the first decades of the XIII century. The name of the fresco painter who decorated the church is unknown. The assumption is that the church and the dormitories were used either by monks or by a small monastic fraternity. The church itself is dedicated to St. Erasmo whose name is linked to the christianization of the local population in the III century.

(DAY 6) OHRID

Sightseeing of the old part of the town known by typical architecture, Samuil fortress, the church of Sv. Sofija, the church of Sv. Jovan Kaneo, Plaosnik, Biljana’s springs… Visit of monastery Sv. Naum and the church Sv. Zaum.

The church of St. Sofia is one of the largest medieval churches on this territory. For a long time it was the cathedral church (“Great Church”) of the Ohrid Archiepiscopate whose ecclesiastical authority covered the territories up to the river Danube to the north, the Albanian coast to the west, and the Bay of Thessalonica to the east. The church was probably used as a cathedral way back in the past, in the period of the Czar Samuel who, in the late X century, moved his throne from Prespa to Ohrid. The date of the construction of that church is uncertain because there are no inscriptions that help reveal it. It is also mentioned that today’s church was either built or restored during the period of the Archbishop Leo who was on the throne of the Church in the period between 1035-1056.

Located on the southwestern side of the hill surmounting Lake Ohrid is the church dedicated to Sv. Jovan Kaneo (St. John the Theologian – Kaneo). It is not certain when it was built and fresco painted. However, a document about the church property suggests that it was built before 1447. The architecture of the church is important when studying the medieval monuments of culture.

The monastery of St. Naum is located on the southeast side of Lake Ohrid, in the immediate vicinity of the Macedonian-Albanian border. Its building is linked to the name of St. Naum, the closest associate of St. Clement of Ohrid. Records about the life and work of St. Naum can be found in three literature works dedicated to his life. Towards the end of his life St. Naum of Ohrid built the monastery St. Archangel where he was buried in 910. The church of Naum was similar to the monastery of Clement, St. Pantheleimon, and was built in a trefoil shape.

(DAY 7) PRESPA LAKE AND BITOLA

Drive along the summer resort of Oteshevo and Mt. Galichica (one of the three National Parks in Macedonia) from where there is a magnificient view of both lakes (Ohrid Lake and Prespa Lake).Visiting the church of St. Gjorgji in Kurbinovo. The sightseeing of Bitola and the Pre-christian city of Heraklea. Walking in National Park of Pelister.

The Capital of the North Macedonian Region of Lynkestidos, situated in the immediate vicinity of present-day Bitola . Heraclea was one of the most important towns in Ancient Macedonia. Its foundation (mid 4-th century B.C.) is related to Philip II. The urban image of Heraclea and its development is in the Hellenic, Roman and Early Christian periods. The influence of Rome , Syria and Alexandria are also felt. In addition to the numerous and varied remains which have been discovered so far, today Heraclea is also renowned for its floor mosaics. These mosaics date back from the 4-th century. The motifs on the mosaics are different, vine peacocks, fountain with gushing water, stags, hinds and birds drinking fro the spring of life. They all convey the Christian message of inviting the faithful to follow the teachings of Christ, represented symbolically by hunting scenes or representations of the Christian paradise.

(DAY 8) KRUSEVO, TRESKAVEC AND PRILEP

Sightseeing of Krusevo – City – museum, a place for an outin, air-spa, ski-center… It is famous of its archaic architecture. The “Krusevo House” is chapter in an architecture studies book. Visit of Monastery “Treskavec” on the road to Prilep. Sightseeing of Prilep.

About ten kilometers from Prilep, in the arms of the massive rocks of Zlatovrv, there is the church Mother of God’s Ascending, which with the dormitory shelters and the dining room of the Treskavec Monastery, provide God’s energy and spiritual tranquility to this wonderful picturesque area. The highland offers a clear view of all Pelagonija Plane, the mountains Pelister, Babuna and Kajmakcalan.

Treskavec Monastery is believed to have been built in the 13th Century, during the rule of the Byzantine emperors Andronic 2nd and Mihailo 3rd who, according to the writings on the frescoes at the entrance gate, were the first donors to this monastery. Its complex and diversified architecture points to the fact that the monastery was subjected to tearing down. Most probably, the monastery was renovated in the 14th Century, during the time of the Serb king Milutin. The church has one arc in its basis with a naos of a high dome and separated with pilastres on a few sides. On the outside, the altar apse is three sided on the east. Under the deep level of plaster walls of the northern paraclis, there are frescoes dating form the 14th Century. The the porch is also from this century with its two dome towers, placed on the west part of the church. Treskavec Monastery has other valuable artifacts. Most remarkable among them are the ones made in shallow wood carving: the two wing doors and the Emperor’s Gate from the 16th Century, then the Kosmitos Cross from the 17th Century. It is worth mentioning the choir seats, the numerous holiday icons and the icons of the Apostles from the 17th and 18th century.

(DAY 9) KAVADARCI, NEGOTINO, DOJRAN LAKE, STRUMICA, SMOLARI FALLS, MONASTIRES VELJUSA AND VODOCA

Sightseeing of Kavadarci and Negotino (vineyards), Dojran Lake, Smolari Falls, Monastiry Sv. Leontij (Vodoca) from 1018 y. and Monastery in Veljusa.

Veljusa – Monastery of the Most Holy Theotokos Eleusa
About the church construction and its founder, Bishop Manuel, as well as about the order of the spiritual life and generally about the daily catholic life of the first monks, we find original historical data also in the Rule (Typikon) written personally by him between 1085 and 1106. This is one of the oldest known typikons in the history of Orthodox monasticism, which is a witness to the thousand years old monastic tradition in Macedonia. It was built in 1080, and from then also date the narthex and the southern chapel, with the latter functioning as a deacon icon. In the rather damaged fresco painting, frescoes of two periods of origin can be distinguished.

(DAY 10) BEROVO, DELCEVO, KRIVA PALANKA AND MONASTERY ST. JOAKIM OSOGOVSKI
 

Sightseeing of Berovo, Delcevo region of healthy food, surrounded with rich forest vegetation, fresh mountain rivers and many other natural beauties… Visit of Monastery Sv. Joakin Osogovski near Kriva Palanka.

According to the hagiography of St. Joakim Osogovski, the history of the monastery begins in the 12th century, in the period of the Byzantine emperor Manojlo Komnen (1143-1180). According to this information, the monastery was established by the priest Theodor from Ovche Pole, who, after his wife has passed away, decided to enter a monastic order. Under his monk name of Teofan he is mentioned as the constructor of the very first temple, where he brought and buried saint’s relics. The monastery was called Sarandopor, according to the area where it was built, a name that means Forty dales in translation, and dedicated to the migrator hermit St. Joakim Osogovski, who spent his ascetic life in a cave located in its proximity, at the locality of Babin Dol.

View full map HERE

DAYSDESTINATIONDURATIONCOST
Day 1Tikves Winery4 daysby agreement
Day 2Fonko Winery  
Day 3Winery Grkov  
Day 4Villa Maria Winery 
(DAY 1) ARRIVING AT THE LARGEST WINERY IN THE BALKANS TIKVES

Departure from Skopje at 11 o’clock. Arriving at the largest winery in the Balkans Tikves at 12:30 pm.

Tasting wine and lunch in Tikves last until 15:30. Tikves winery was founded in 1946 and is Tikvesh region is well known for cultivation of vine and produce of high quality wine. Macedonia with decades exported wine in European countries and the largest percentage of exports belonging to Tikves. After the visit to Tikves next spot is Stoby, arrival at 16:00 pm.

In Stobi will be held a lecture by curator for the city life, tradition, culture and architecture of one of the most important historical sites in Macedonia and beyond. After the walk at 18:00 pm the next destination is the hotel. In the hotel the dinner will be serve and there will be time for leisure activities.

(DAY 2) BOVIN WINERY & FONKO WINERY

Breakfast at the hotel. At 11:00 departure to Negotino where at 11:30 pm, will arrives in Bovin winery where will be tested 10 species of their wine.

Bovin Winery is having won numerous international awards for their high quality wine. Bovin is located near the town of Negotino which is also part of Tikves region.

At 13:00 departure to Fonko Winery arrives at 13:30. In winery Fonko will be tasted 7 types of wine which includes lunch.

At 16:30 pm, departure to the hotel where dinner is served.

(DAY 3) WINERY GRKOV, KRNJEVO & POPOVA KULA, DEMIR KAPIJA

Breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast at 11:00 departure to the Winery Grkov in village of Krnjevo, Kavadarci.

The winery Grkov has a production capacity of 120 000 l. of wine with the possibility or increasing that capacity. Sfter lunch at 16:00 and tasting wines, departure to Demir Kapia. At 17:00 arriving at the winery Popova Kula, where will be made tasting of top 5 quality wines followed by a good appetizer.

Tasting in Popova Kula until 18:00, then a little time to rest and then the dinner will be served at the winery. Accommodation is also in the winery.

(DAY 4) VILLA MARIA WINERY

After breakfast the group will leave the winery at 11:00 and will move to the Villa Maria Winery, which the kingdom of S.C.S. was made in honor of the Serbian Queen Mary.

Into the winery will be tasted 6 wines, and lunch will be serve. At 17:00 departure to Skopje, arrival at 19:00.

View full map HERE

DAYSDESTINATIONDURATIONCOST
Day 1Skopje3 daysby agreement
Day 2Ohrid  
Day 3Heraklea and Stobi 
(DAY 1) SKOPJE

After the breakfast the group thought old Turkish bazaar are visiting the Skopje Kale. The oldest remains of human activity on the Skopje Kale are directly associated to archaeological deposit of the area, which was formed through long geological processes, on the base of sedimentary sandbar. ( First of all, thick layer of river alluvium was formed, or more precisely, a type of a pebble stone river terrace was created. Through washing a layer of sand clay with a sedimentary base was deposited on it. This clay layer, somewhere red, somewhere yellow, appears with a thickness se greater than one meter. Precisely this sand clay reveals the various dug in items, such as the remains of the initial – oldest settlement from the Copper Age-Eneolithic Age or from the 4 millennium before Christ) Next destination is settlement Tumba Madzari.

The settlement of Tumba Madzari is a protogenic core of today’s Skopje. The first house was discovered in 1981, and it was identified as a sanctuary. Seven more houses have been discovered so far, but only the first one has been published. The house was built in the traditional technique of piles stuck in the ground, often flanked with stones/mills. (The house construction shows that big chopped beams were built in the walls, and their prints are still visible.

The walls are decorated with fingers from the outside, in spirals that end as primitive volutes. The area of the house if 8x8m, with a square shape. The roof is on two layers, made of straw placed on a wooden construction that is carried by thick piles on the outside, placed on the frontal and back side. The interior of the house is divided by a thin irregular parapet. It separates the two facilities built next to it. Another facility has been discovered in the north-east part of house 1. In accordance with the thesis that house 1 was a sanctuary, these facilities have been explained as sacrificial altars for cults, where food was treated. The later research on this locations, as well as on other locations show that in their shape, these facilities are similar to the semi-spherical furnaces in Zelenikovo, Govrlevo, Mramori, Stenče, and thus they were used as furnaces) After the lunch in traditional restaurant the group is the next destination is Skupi. The ancient town of Skupi, Skopje’s predecessor, is at the foot of Zajcev Rid Hill, on the left side of the river Vardar, near the Skopje suburb of Zlokukjani. It is one of the many archeological sites in Macedonia.

( The establishment of Scupi is connected with the roman entering in Dardania at the end of the first century BC. Most probably is that Scupi was founded as war camp. As the time goes the war camp became a town with a status of colony. The establishment of Colony Flavia Scupi made the king Dominian (84-85 year). The citizens lived all over Skopsko Pole, for which there are epigraphic confirms). Dinner and overnight in hotel in Skopje.

(DAY 2) OHRID (THE OLD CITY OF LIHNIDOS)

 

After the breakfast the group is leaving the hotel and is going to Ohrid, the most famous touristic city on the Ohrid lake. Ohrid is one of the rare cities in the Balkans, such as Thessalonika, Odessa and Dyrachion that had thrived uninterruptedly throughout the classical period. ( They survived the decline of the classical civilization and continued to live under their new names till the present time. The soil of this ancient city has seen numerous changes of civilization achievements followed by the inevitable falls and rises.

The contemporary city of Ohrid is a descendant of the antique town of Lychnidos. This was confirmed by several Byzantine sources in which it was written “the town is situated on a high hill near the large lake of Lychnidos, by which also the town was named Lychnis, previously known as Dyassarites”. The existence of this town is also evident from numerous Roman documents.

According to them, Lychnidos was located by the Via Egnatia, the oldest and most important Roman roadway in the Balkans. It started with two routes from Apollonia and Dyrachia and reached to Lychnidos through Candavian Mountains. Long before the Romans came into the region this route had been used as a communicational link between the coast and the internal parts of Illyria and Macedonia. Via Egnatia was the shortest route from Rome to the Eastern Empire). After the lunch in national restaurant the group will visit Bay of Bones .

Ohrid is to be enriched with another cultural and historical landmark as well as with a tourist attraction – Museum on Water – an exceptional archaeological complex, which is one of a kind in the region. (On the southern coast of Gradiste Peninsula in the Bay of Bones, a pile-dwelling settlement has been erected, which in the past was spreading at a total surface of 8.500 m2. It is an authentic reconstruction of a part of the pile-dwelling settlement, dating back between 1200 and 700 BC). Dinner and overnight in hotel in Ohrid.

(DAY 3) HERAKLEA AND STOBI

After the breakfast the group is leaving the hotel will drive along the summer resort of Oteshevo and Mt. Galichica (one of the three National Parks in Macedonia) from where there is a magnificient view of both lakes (Ohrid Lake and Prespa Lake). Next destination while the sightseeing of Bitolais the Pre-christian city of Heraklea. ( Heraclea was one of the most important towns in Ancient Macedonia.

Its foundation (mid 4-th century B.C.) is related to Philip II. The urban image of Heraclea and its development is in the Hellenic, Roman and Early Christian periods. The influence of Rome , Syria and Alexandria are also felt. In addition to the numerous and varied remains which have been discovered so far, today Heraclea is also renowned for its floor mosaics. These mosaics date back from the 4-th century.

The motifs on the mosaics are different, vine peacocks, fountain with gushing water, stags, hinds and birds drinking fro the spring of life. They all convey the Christian message of inviting the faithful to follow the teachings of Christ, represented symbolically by hunting scenes or representations of the Christian paradise). archeo macedoniaAfter the lunch in the center of city of Bitola the next destination is Stobi.

The town of Stobi developed from a small Paionian settlement established as early as the Archaic period, and covered an area of about 2.5 hectares located on the northern side of a hilly terrace. (Its position at the mouth of the rivers Ergion and Axius, at the fertile region of the Central Vardar Valley, and the vicinity of gold deposits of Mount Kozuv, enabled fast development of Stobi, particularly during the nonwarring period of the I and II centuries A.D. In addition, the town was close to Mount Klepa, i.e., its eastern and southern slopes, rich with deposits of gray – white and pink marble.

However, it seems that the native Paionian ethnic element was particularly strong and compact, so that the newly settled citizens with Roman civic rights did not manage to obtain a colonial status. That, of course, did not hinder the construction of all public buildings typical for the Classical towns of the Roman Empire on the town’s agglomeration that covered about 20 hectares: a theatre and thermal baths, an aqueduct, temples, court halls, etc. Rather early, during the reign of Emperor Augustus, Stobi was originally granted the rank of oppidum civium Romanorum, and slightly later of municipum. On the coins stamped at Stobi, a rank of municipum Stobensium is imprinted). After the visit the group will go to Skopje. The dinner and overnight will be in hotel in Skopje.

View larger map HERE

Book one of our tours around Macedonia

For more details contact us

Follow Us

About Us

Contact Us

Address: bul. Partizanski Odredi 21 A2/1 lokal 6,
1000 Skopje, Macedonia

Telephone:
++ (389) (2) 3109 518;

Fax:
++ 389 2 3127 729

Email:
[email protected]

© 2020 Arbo Travel, All rights reserved.